Host: Region Stavanger Convention Bureau, Norway
Venue & Hotel: Radisson Blu Atlantic, Stavanger, Norway
Registration fee: €1300 (inclusive VAT) for both client & supplier.
The small workshop is open to all European members of the destination marketing sector who are interested in attracting smaller conferences to their destination.
In order to be fair and give as many European destination marketing sector members as possible the opportunity to attend an ICCA Business Workshop, priority will be given to members who have not attended the last workshop for 500+ delegates. Therefore any member who registers for the workshop who has attended the last workshop in Montreal (June 2019), will be held on a waiting list for two weeks and if the workshop is not full and providing there is still a place for the country (no more than two bureaux from the same country can participate) then they will be able to register.
Criteria for accompanying clients:
- Clients must be decision makers or influencers of a European conference rotating between at least 3 European countries
- The meeting must have an attendance of up to 800 delegates (800 delegates is the maximum number of delegates)
- The conference must take place at least once every 4 years
- The conference should last at least 3 days
- The association or the client must not have attended a Destination Marketing Workshop within the last two years (the Exclusion List is now available under the "MY ICCA" section of the website under ‘Other member-only documents’).
- In order to keep in line with ICCA's strategic goal #2 - Engaged Association Executives, the guidelines have slightly changed and only association executive clients will be accepted straight away. Anyone registering with a Core PCO or AMC client will be held on a waiting list until the registration deadline and will only be offered a place if there are still places available.
Registration will open on 12 March 2020 when all European Destination Marketing members will receive a copy of the registration form by email. Members can already start to identify and invite a suitable accompanying association representative and complete the Association and Bureau Profile forms which are already available to download:
Registration Form (for the Destination Marketing member to complete – to be officially signed and returned as a pdf) emailed to all European Destination Marketing members on 12 March when registration opens.
Association Profile (for the association representative to complete - should be typed and fully completed and returned as a word document together with the registration form once registration opens on 12 March)
Bureau Profile (for the Destination Marketing member to complete - should be typed and fully completed and returned as a word document together with the registration form once registration opens on 12 March)
Destination Marketing members need to complete the Bureau Profile and ask their accompanying association representative to complete the Association Profile, members should then wait until registration opens on 12 March when the registration form will be emailed to all European Destination Marketing members. Once it is available they should complete the registration form, officially sign it and send it as a pdf by email together with the completed association profile and bureau profile forms (as a word document) to Claire Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org). ICCA Head Office will then check to see if the association representative meets with the criteria in the guidelines and if the forms are completed properly. If the association representative is suitable, the bureau and association representative will be sent confirmation of their registration by email.
Tips on how to find a suitable client:
1. Invite an Association Executive you know:
- Have you recently hosted a European association meeting that meets the above criteria? Consider inviting a representative from this association who is a decision maker or influencer (for example, member of the Board, Secretary General, CEO, Managing Director, Events Manager etc.)
- Do you have any local Ambassadors who hold a position on the Executive Board/Committees for a European Association meeting that meets the criteria for this workshop? Consider inviting them to accompany you.
2. Invite an association executive from the ICCA database:
Make a selection from the ICCA database to find a suitable association executive who meets the criteria for this workshop:
- Decision maker or influencer of a European conference
- Attendance less than 800 delegates
- Takes place at least once every 4 years
- Lasts for at least 3 days
Download this flyer which can be sent to your potential accompanying executive explaining the benefits of attending a Business Workshop.
Registration will officially open on 12 March when all European destination marketing members will receive an email to inform them. Places on this Workshop are on a first-come-first-served basis and only two bureaux from the same country can participate and only one from the same city. The deadline for registration is 10 September 2020.
- Email Claire Jackson