In 2009, British newspapers had a field day blasting a gift given by U.S. President Barack Obama to U.K. Prime Minister Gordon Brown. The gift of 25 DVDs of classic American movies was weak, the papers said, held up against the Prime Minister’s gift of a pen holder made from wood of a sister ship to the HMS Resolute. Wood from the Resolute had been used to make the Oval Office desk. All gifts aren't created equal. In international relations and in your business circles, botched gifting can be worse than no gifting.
To read the full article, please follow this link to the website of our media member MEETINGSNET Magazines & E-Media, Penton Media.
- The International Association Meetings Market 2018
- Negotiating with hotels
- Working with airlines and ground transport operators
- Working with convention bureaux
- International association meetings: bidding and decision-making
- Contracting with major congress & convention venues
- Social Media for Meetings
- Email Contact