25 October 2019
Marianne Van Wagner, Executive Director - introducing her association
1. When was your association founded?
2. Where is your association based, how many members do you have & in how many countries?
We are incorporated in the state of Texas and our central office is located outside of San Antonio, TX. We have over 400 members from approx. 34 countries
3. Who are your members?
Scientists, researchers, students, university professors, etc.
4. What is your mission & aim of the association?
The International Behavioral Neuroscience Society (IBNS) encourages research and education in the field of behavioral neuroscience. Founded in 1992, the IBNS has members from 34 countries and consists of scientists, clinicians, teachers, and others with a background and interest in the relationship between brain and behavior.
5. What are the major challenges facing your association?
Budget, recruiting volunteers
6. What kind of events are organised by your association?
Annual international meetings
7. What is the decision process behind the selection of a destination/venue?
As Executive Director, I do the research, contract negotiation, Council gives final approval.
8. Can you share your insights about the latest trends within the association community?
We strive to bring something new to each meeting to keep up members interest.
9. What does your association do in terms of legacy, do your meetings have a societal impact on the destination?
Community outreach. Last year we provided backpacks with school supplies to the local youth at our meeting location.
10. Are you looking to forge collaborations with other associations? If so in what areas of expertise?
Yes, behavioral neuroscience.
For more information on IBNS please check their website: www.ibnsconnect.org
Member-Supplier related resources:
Association related resources:
More Knowledge Articles