We are looking for a Marketing & Communication Executive (Full time)
Who we are?
ICCA - the International Congress and Convention Association - is the global community and knowledge hub for the international association meetings industry.
ICCA represents the main specialists in organising, transporting, and accommodating international meetings and events, and comprises over 1,100 member companies and organisations in almost 100 countries worldwide. ICCA specialises in the international association meetings sector, offering unrivalled data, communication channels, and business development opportunities.
What are we looking for?
Since our colleague recently left, ICCA’s Marketing team (6 FTE + one Intern) is looking for a Marketing & Communication Executive, who will be involved in all aspects of ICCA’s marketing activities, with a focus on implementing ICCA’s content marketing and online community building strategy.
The post-holder would typically be looking for a second step in his / her career, should be a native English copywriter and will be heavily involved in the marketing of ICCA events, managing ICCA’s editorial calendar and newsletters, media relations and online community management. Post holder will also coordinate outsourced creation of press releases and newsletters.
The post-holder will create and curate content for ICCA’s communication channels, ensuring that it provides the ICCA community of meetings industry suppliers and association executives with the best possible practical information and valuable insights into the international association meetings sector.
You are a tech-savvy, creative communicator with native English copywriting-, (digital) marketing-, and social media skills, and you are a self-motivated and highly organised individual who can manage several projects at once.
- Implement a (digital) marketing programme, with a strong focus on copywriting.
- Implement marketing campaigns to promote ICCA events and awards.
- Manage an editorial calendar and the (coordination of-) production, sending and analysis of newsletters.
- Production of (content for-) publications, promotional material and videos.
- Create, curate and edit relevant industry content.
- Tell the story and drive the online conversation around ICCA (-events).
- Execution of media relations.
- Conduct interviews and video editing.
- Interact with members face to face at tradeshows and ICCA events.
- Any other areas that may be reasonably described as fulfilling the above function.
- Bachelor level
- Native English speaker: Fluent written and spoken English communication skills.
- Experience with working with a CMS, CRM, email marketing tools and social media.
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas.
- Experience in the meetings sector is a big advantage.
- Experience in video editing, SEO, Google Analytics/Adwords, HTML is advantageous.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a Markeing function or similar.
- Necessary residence/work permits to be allowed to work in The Netherlands.
Salary will be in line with your work experience and skills. ICCA provides a commutation allowance, bonus and a pension scheme. The appointment initially will be for one year with the aim for an indefinite contract.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your detailed CV and a 300-word story on why you are interested in the meetings industry and why you feel you are the right person for the job.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the position, please contact Mathijs Vleeming, Director Marketing: email@example.com