The ICCA Best Marketing Award recognises the excellence and outstanding achievements of organisations in their effort to market their destination or product since 1997.
As an industry, we need to change our businesses and event formats and adapt to new societal policies and priorities. The transformation we make is fundamental to the recovery of our industry, allowing it to take a leading role in the global economic and societal recovery.
Considering the social and economic circumstances, we are creating a special edition of the ICCA Best Marketing Award which will recognise the best examples of transformative action from our members and associations. In keeping with this ethos, we feel it is inappropriate to select a winner this year.
Instead of choosing finalists and a winner, a selection of submissions will be chosen to be recognised during a session at the 59th ICCA Congress 2020, Kaohsiung, Chinese Taipei – A Hybrid Experience. Each of the chosen projects will each receive a package of prizes which is normally exclusively given to the winner:
- One free virtual ICCA Congress 2020 registration
- A complimentary 3 months web banner on the ICCA Congress website in 2021, worth approximately €3000
- A complimentary 9sqm stand (shell scheme with one furniture package or space only) at The Meetings Show, worth approx. £7,794.
- Selected submitted initiatives to get a stage and be recognized at their respective official Sector webinar in 2021.
- A personalised certificate of recognition.
- A personalised logo to use on your website, emails, or promotional literature.
- Acknowledgement on the ICCA Website.
- Acknowledgement in Members Update Online.
Inspire the industry and get global recognition
Do you have a creative, innovative, and inspirational initiative showing leadership in the transformation of our industry?
We invite all types of initiatives that provide creative answers to the current challenges to apply to be recognised, whether it is:
- Creative crisis communication
- Innovative digital solutions
- Creative marketing in this difficult climate
- New sustainability initiatives
- New business models
- Local outreach and community engagement
- Extraordinary collaborations
- Or more
This new recognition replaces the regular ICCA Best Marketing Award and Global Destination Sustainability Award this year and is open to both ICCA Member Suppliers and the ICCA Association Community.
Inspire the industry by showing leadership in transformation and get global recognition by submitting your initiative now.
Phase 1: Initial submission via email based on criteria
Entries should be submitted in digital format, no more than 6 pages in length. Links to videos must be included in the digital format. No printed materials are required.
The entry must cover the following:
What are the challenges being addressed?
What is innovative and creative about the project; How did it show Leadership in Transformation and what lessons can other ICCA members learn from your ideas?
How was the project undertaken – set out all the key steps.
How did you communicate the project?
Set out detailed ambitions and explain how the initiative showed Leadership in Transformation, covering both social and financial issues.
Phase 2: Selection of 3-4 submission to be recognised at the upcoming 59th ICCA Congress
BMA judging panel selects submissions to be recognised during the 59th ICCA Congress. This is not an award, so no winner has to be chosen, just the best submissions to showcase during the Congress. Depending on the amount and quality of submissions, we will create categories for the recognitions. The BMA has currently been assigned a 30-minute slot during the Congress.
Phase 3: Detailed requirement will be sent to the selected submissions to create a video to be shown at the 59th ICCA Congress
- Video should explain the full project-script:
- Challenges addressed
- Project steps
- Ambitions and how the initiative showed Leadership in Transformation
- Length of video - max 5 minutes
- Footage can include presentation as well as video footage of actual case
- 5 weeks to make the video
- It is ok to use a “homemade video”; It does not have to be a slick or professional corporate video
Phase 4: Selected submissions will be presented in a session at the 59th ICCA Congress.
All submissions must be received by ICCA Head Office by 30 September 2020.
You can send your submission to Irina Bryksin, Marketing Project Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org.