Hello to ICCA members wherever you are in the world today!
It has been an exciting year for ICCA, and for me in particular being elected as your new president. In fact, 2018 has been a time of great change for ICCA, and we know that it has also been a time of great change for our members.
But throughout the year, ICCA members around the world have been doing what they do best: organising meetings and connecting people in their business lives.
As we come to the end of this year and this holiday season, I hope you, our ICCA members, have the chance to meet and connect with your friends and families. I will certainly be spending time with my mini ICCA family at home, and I’m looking forward in 2019 to seeing the rest of the global #ICCAFamily.
But as is customary at the end of the year, it’s time to reflect on the past twelve months - so here are some of my favourite highlights from the 2018 ICCA calendar:
- Successful events: We held the 3rd edition of the Association Meetings Programme in Ljubljana and welcomed a record-breaking amount of delegates to this year’s Congress in Dubai – thank you for joining us!
- Association meetings continue to show robust growth: ICCA recorded the highest annual figure of rotating international association meetings in our yearly Statistics Report, reporting 12,558 meetings in total taking place in 2017.
- We marked another milestone with the publication of our 55-year advocacy report, in celebration of our 55th anniversary as an association. Here’s to the next 55 and the next steps in our journey!
- ICCA is off to Cartagena in 2021. In Dubai, we announced the Colombian city as the host of our 60th Congress.
- Our industry advocacy efforts have gone from strength to strength, with our Incredible Impacts Programme in partnership with BestCities Global Alliance entering its second year.
Let’s make sure we emulate this incredible success in the new year.
I believe that 2019 will be a very exciting year for ICCA, as we grow our membership and our services around the world! I know that the ICCA team in the Head Office and ICCA offices globally will be ready to serve you, their members, throughout the course of the next year.
Happy holidays to the #ICCAFamily! I look forward to seeing you all in 2019 at one of the major international trade shows, or at the 58th Congress in Houston or 4th ICCA AMP in Durban, South Africa.
Yours in ICCA,