This website uses cookies, which are necessary for you to login to the My ICCA section, integrate social media and track visits to our website. ICCA is legally obliged to ask your permission to use cookies and to inform you about how we use them. By continuing to use our website you are accepting our use of cookies as described in our Privacy Policy. Find Out MoreContinue
Remember Associations only: Forgot password

ICCA Resource

First Article Previous Article Next Article Last Article

ICCA Association Portal - Case studies

Crisis in your meeting site: Do your carry on or cancel?

Many planners have groups booked into European destinations in the coming months, and many are likely struggling with the decision of whether to carry on with their programs as planned or to rebook in a destination perceived as safer. The planner at one Fortune 500 company shared with us the process and timeline she used when having to decide whether or not to pull a conference headed to a Greece while that country was experiencing economic turmoil and riots three months before her start date.
The planning team’s first step was to determine if there was a safety issue, a perception issue, or a physical impossibility of holding the meeting. In her case, there was the potential for all three.

To read the full article, please follow this link to the website of our media member MEETINGSNET Magazines & E-Media, Penton Media

First Article Previous Article Next Article Last Article

ICCA Resource Home